2017 PGA TOUR PRO-AM SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR SUBMISSION TO A SALES PRESENTATION OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO PLAY
OR RECEIVE A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 15, 2016
and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on December 15, 2016.
- ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are licensed drivers possessing a valid driver’s license and at least 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Hyundai Motor America, its dealerships and dealership personnel, PGA TOUR, Inc., TaylorMade Golf Company, Inc., Zone Marketing Group, Innocean Worldwide Americas, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising, production and promotion agencies, dealers, vendors and the immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, siblings and their spouses) and persons living in the same households of each of the above (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter or win a prize. Any person who has been convicted in a court of law or entered a plea of guilty or no contest to Driving While Intoxicated (“DWI”) or Driving Under the Influence (“DUI”) within the 10-year period prior to November 15, 2016 will not be eligible to enter or win the Prize.
- HOW TO ENTER: Visit http://www.GenesisGolfPro-AmSweepstakes.com and follow the on-screen instructions to complete and submit your official entry form as directed between 12:00:00 AM ET on November 15, 2016 and 11:59:59 PM ET on December 15, 2016. Entrants will be required to provide their complete name, address including zip code, daytime telephone number including area code, a valid e-mail address, and an answer to each of the survey questions presented. Entrants must have Internet Access and be the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address submitted prior to November 15, 2016. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the entrant will be the registered owner of the e-mail account. Limit one (1) Entry per person. All Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on December 15, 2016. Use of automated devices is strictly prohibited. Any Entry that is submitted with the use of a script, macro or other mechanical or automated device or means will be void. Multiple or duplicate Entries will be disqualified. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, stolen, delayed, misdirected, incomplete, unreadable, or inaccurate Entries; (ii) errors of any kind whether mechanical, human or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; or (iv) any printing, typographical, human, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. If you opt to use a wireless mobile device to submit your Entry, standard message and data rates and other charges may apply. Check your mobile plan for rates/details prior to entering via a mobile device. Participation via a mobile device may not be possible on all carriers.
- WINNER SELECTION/RANDOM DRAWING: One (1) potential prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received. The random drawing will be conducted on or about December 16, 2016 by an independent judging organization whose decisions on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes are final. Odds of winning will depend upon the number of eligible Entries received. Prize will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received. Prize winner will be notified by U.S. Mail on or about December 23, 2016. Prize winner and his/her guest will be required by Sponsor to complete and have notarized an Affidavit of Eligibility, Prize Acceptance, Liability and where lawful a Publicity Release within ten (10) business days of notification (Tennessee residents need not complete and return a Publicity Release). In the event the prize winner is considered a minor in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides, the parent or legal guardian of such minor will be required to sign and return all documentation. Non-compliance shall result in disqualification and award of the prize to an alternate prize winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries received.
- NOTIFICATION/RELEASE: If the prize winning notification letter is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate prize winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries received. In the event more prize winner notifications are issued, or more winning claims are received than the number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules due to computer, printing, seeding, human or other error or problem, a random drawing will take place from among all eligible prize claims to award the prize, as set forth in these Official Rules. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. No more than the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules will be awarded.
- ONE (1) PRIZE: Prize consists of the opportunity for the prize winner to participate in up to three (3) of the following Pro-Am tournaments: (i) CareerBuilder Challenge Pro-Am in La Quinta, CA, January 18-22, 2017; (ii) Farmers Insurance Open Pro-Am in La Jolla, CA, January 26-29, 2017; and (iii) Genesis Open Pro-Am in Pacific Palisades, CA, February 13-19, 2017 (“Pro-Am Tournaments”). Prize includes round-trip economy class air transportation between the major commercial airport nearest the prize winner’s residence and the major commercial airport nearest each Pro-Am Tournament destination city (each of which will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion) for prize winner and one (1) guest aged 18 years or older; up to three (3) nights hotel accommodations at a hotel designated by the Sponsor in each Pro-Am Tournament destination city (double occupancy standard room and tax only); the opportunity for the prize winner to play in up to three (3) designated Pro-Am Tournaments in 2017 (as detailed above); use of one (1) Hyundai Genesis courtesy vehicle between the hotel and the Pro-Am Tournament venue in each Pro-Am Tournament destination city as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; and one (1) set of TaylorMade® golf clubs to be designated by Sponsor for prize winner. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the prize is not to exceed $32,800. Prize winner will be solely responsible for any and all expenses associated with the acceptance and use of the prize not specified as part of the prize including, but not limited to, any and all federal, state and local taxes on prize. Prize winner will be solely responsible for any and all ground transportation not specified as part of the prize, meals and beverages, in-room charges (e.g., mini-bar, room service, laundry service, telephone, internet, and movies), gratuities, travel upgrades, baggage fees, personal incidentals and any other expenses associated with the acceptance and use of the prize. Prize winner and guest must travel on dates designated by Sponsor in 2017 or prize will be forfeited and an alternate prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries, provided that sufficient time remains prior to the prize trip. In the event the prize winner resides within one hundred and eighty (180) miles of a Pro-Am Tournament destination city, Sponsor will provide the prize winner with round trip ground transportation between the prize winner’s residence and the Pro-Am Tournament destination city in lieu of the round trip economy class air transportation from major commercial airport nearest the winner’s residence. The dollar value difference between the round trip economy class air transportation and ground transportation will not be provided to the prize winner. Prize winner and guest must possess valid travel documents (i.e., a valid government-issued ID) in order to travel. Prize winner will be required to provide a valid major credit or debit card or some other acceptable form of payment, as determined in the hotel’s sole discretion upon hotel check and all in-room charges, meals, beverages, hotel upgrades, amenities, personal incidentals and any other expenses charged to the prize winner’s hotel room will be charged to that major valid credit or debit card or deducted from the deposit provided. Prize winner must sign a waiver in order to use the Hyundai Genesis courtesy vehicle. Sponsor not responsible for lost or stolen baggage. Air travel is subject to terms and conditions set forth by air carriers; air carriers and exact seating is to be determined by Sponsor. By redeeming tickets, prize winner agrees to all venue rules and regulations. Once ticketed, fare rules apply regarding changes to itinerary. Tickets are void if bartered or sold and will not be reissued if lost or stolen. If the prize winner or guest becomes disabled or cannot otherwise fully enjoy the prize due to illness, Sponsor shall have the option at its sole discretion of being relieved of liability for fulfillment of the prize award or any part thereof. In the event one (1) of the Pro-Am Tournaments is cancelled or postponed prior to or during the prize winner’s trip for any reason, the cancelled portion of the prize will not be awarded and Sponsor will not provide any compensation or substitution for that portion of the prize. If guest is deemed a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her state of residence, guest must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. No additional travel expenses or any other aspects of the prize will be awarded should guest’s parent or legal guardian be required to accompany guest. Prize winner and guest must obey all local laws and regulations while attending the scheduled and ticketed prize event and act in a manner that is safe and respectful of the Sponsor. Sponsor accepts no responsibility for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing or acts of any government or authority. All travel is subject to any and all restrictions instituted by the Department of Defense and/or Department of Homeland Security, as required. The ARV of the advertised prize set forth above represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of the actual fair market value and, as ultimately determined by Sponsor, is final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated ARV is more than the actual fair market value, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. Prize winner will be required to supply Sponsor with his/her Social Security Number for tax purposes. The Internal Revenue Service requires Form 1099 MISC to be issued and filed for any recipient who receives a prize, if the annual aggregate value of the prize received is $600 or more. Sponsor will issue a Form 1099 MISC to the prize winner for the fair market value of the prize.
- EVENT CONDUCT: The conduct of the prize winner and guest will be under the supervision of Sponsor and its Event Representatives (“Event Staff”) whose decisions are final and binding in all aspects relating to the Pro-Am Tournaments (hereinafter, each an “Event”). Prize winner and guest may be removed from Event premises at the sole discretion of the Sponsor or Event Staff for any reason at any time, including but not limited to the advice of the Event Staff, creating an unauthorized disturbance, interruption or unnecessarily rough physical contact, or for any unhealthy, unlawful, unsafe, or inappropriate act. If the prize winner or guest who in the opinion of the Sponsor or Event Staff is considered a physical or mental threat to the well-being of any of the other Pro-Am Tournament attendees or Event staff, he/she may be removed from Event premises. Any act performed by a prize winner and guest defined by Federal, State or Local statute or ordinance as constituting a criminal act may result in removal from Event premises. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor and Event Staff, if the prize winner or guest uses profanity, or demonstrates any lewd or sexually suggestive gestures or full or partial nudity, the Sponsor shall have the right to remove that individual from Event premises. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor and Event Staff, if the prize winner and guest creates the potential for death, disability, injury and/or property damage during the Event, the Sponsor and/or the Event Staff, shall have the right to remove that individual from Event premises.
- GENERAL: VOID OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Prize is non-transferable; no substitutions, exchanges, or cash redemptions except by Sponsor due to unavailability in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold the Sponsor, its dealerships and dealership representatives, PGA TOUR, Inc., TaylorMade Golf Company, Inc., Zone Marketing Group, Innocean Worldwide Americas, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising, promotion and production agencies, dealers and vendors harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, and understand that the Sweepstakes results are final in all respects. By accepting the prize, prize winner grants to Sponsor the right to use his/her name, voice, picture, likeness, hometown and biographical information in any medium (whether now or hereafter known) throughout the world in perpetuity for any lawful purpose without further permission, consideration or payment (except where prohibited by law) and agrees to participate in any and all publicity and promotional activities as designated by Sponsor (except where prohibited by law) in connection with this Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants release Sponsor, its dealerships and dealership representatives, PGA TOUR, Inc., TaylorMade Golf Company, Inc., Zone Marketing Group, Innocean Worldwide Americas, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising, production and promotion agencies, dealers and vendors from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death, arising out of participating in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Prize is awarded “as-is” and Sponsor has neither made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out‑of‑pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event will attorneys’ fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and each entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than actual out‑of‑pocket expenses, and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. In the event the Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or local government law, order of regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event) the Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, elects to abbreviate, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the prize from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event. The interpretation of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the United States and the State of California exclusively and solely by and within the courts of that state without regard to choice of law principles.
- PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes prize winner’s consent for Sponsor, the PGA TOUR, Inc., and each of their respective agents to use prize winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or city and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media now known or hereinafter developed, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. Prize winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or city and state of residence may be published on the websites and/or social media properties of Sponsor and the PGA TOUR, Inc., in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
10. NAME OF WINNER/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain the name of the prize winner (available after January 10, 2017) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to be received by January 31, 2017 to: Genesis 2017 Golf PGA TOUR Pro-Am Sweepstakes, c/o Centra360, 1400 Old Country Road #420, Westbury, NY 11590. Please specify “Official Rules” or “Winner List” on outer envelope. VT residents need not include return postage for Official Rules requests.
SPONSOR: Hyundai Motor America, 10550 Talbert Avenue, Fountain Valley, CA 92708.